To date, we’ve tracked over 30 different web hosting companies over a period of 12 to 41-months.
Including many ‘popular’ hosts, such as Bluehost, GoDaddy and HostGator.
Here’s what we did in order to find out the best web hosting provider:
- Signed up with 33+ most popular web hosts.
- Set up a blank (WordPress) website.
- Started to monitor their uptime and speed (still monitoring).
- Published reviews (and still accepting user reviews).
The current ranking formula is based on the following: average uptime and average speed (2017 December to 2018 September) and cost for 6 to 12-month plans.
10 Best Web Hosting Services in 2019
Here’s our list of 10 best web hosting services by uptime, speed and cost:
1. Bluehost: Highest Reliability ($2.75/mo)
One of the most popular web hosts, hosting more than 2,000,000 websites and blogs since 2003. Officially recommended by WordPress.org.
2. HostGator Cloud: Best Cloud Hosting ($2.99/mo)
Founded in 2002, hosting 600,000+ websites. Most reliable web host by an average uptime and load time on our test sites.
3. SiteGround: Best WordPress Host ($3.95/mo)
SiteGround.com is officially recommended by WordPress.org. Founded in 2004, hosts 800,000 websites worldwide. BBB Rating of “A”.
4. Hostinger: Best Cheap Hosting ($1.45/mo)
Hostinger was founded in November 2004, and they’ve become a web hosting powerhouse ever since. They’ve shot up to over 29 million clients in 178 countries.
5. iPage: Best for Small Website ($1.99/mo)
iPage Hosting is an Endurance International Group (EIG) brand, acquired in 2010 from founder Thomas Gorny.