When a normal dentist goes for a more professional and specialised course in dental treatment which lasts for two to three years after graduating form dentistry, they are called an orthodontist. This extra qualification and specialised training makes an Orthodontist more skilled and qualified to treat more complex dental problems. One of the main problems an orthodontist can treat is improper bites. While the problem of improper bites sounds very small, but this can lead to numerous other troubles such as irregularities in tooth, misaligned jaws and distorted teeth structure.
When is the right time to see an Orthodontist?
When the health issues are concerned, it is said that the early diagnosis and right treatment are the very essential to get back to a healthy life. It holds good even for Orthodontic check up. It is advisedthat children by the age if seven should get an orthodontic check up at least once. At this age, many issues related to bites and alignment can be detected and treated early to save resources in terms of time and money in future. This is because shaping of jaws and teeth is best done when they naturally grow, hence they must be treated well in time when the child is young. This also helps to avoid more serious problems in future. Since Orthodontist have specialised skills and abilities, there are well trained in procedures and treatments related to correction of jaw imperfections. Such problems in adults if left untreated leads to gum disease and teeth loss.
Points to be considered before selecting the right Orthodontist
Choosing the right orthodontist takes considerable amount of efforts. An online search for the best orthodontist near me will reveal numerous options. Also, you will find many websites offering free orthodontist consultation. Always look for the review given by people who have undergone treatment and ratings the orthodontist consultation has received online. You must book an appointment with an orthodontist in advance for orthodontist consultation. You should also talk to your family members, friends or neighbours for recommendations for orthodontist consultation.
Here are some tips to help you select a good orthodontist:
- Search for orthodontist near me and make a list of orthodontists with their details such as name, address, contact number, etc.
- Start calling them one by one and note down the name of the receptionist in your list.
- Discuss about your issue or simply try to get orthodontist appointment. Find out if they offer free orthodontist consultation.
- Also, find out whether you ae covered under insurance or benefits.
- Check for the kind of treatment and equipment they use. Whether their line of treatment is well updated with the latest conventions or not.
- Request for free consultation with an orthodontist if you wish to get a second opinion.
- Book an appointment with the orthodontist in advance.
- Repeat the same process of getting queries solved with the other orthodontist and make the notes.
- Take a visit to their clinic to see how well maintained and equipped the clinic is in terms of staff and other treatments.
- Clear all your doubts during your visit. A good orthodontist will be glad to answer your queries.