If you love watching movies by Quentin Tarantino, devote your thesis to researching his cinematographic style. You’ll kill two birds with one stone like this, because your hobby and academic project will be united. Here is a list of outstanding thesis topics on films by this director:
- Jackie Brown: investigation into African-American culture and attitudes towards African-Americans in the late twentieth century.
In your thesis paper, explore how the issue of race is treated in this movie. Conduct research on African-American culture. Analyze songs and language.
- Appealing violence in movies directed by Tarantino.
Research the mystery of violence depicted by this film-maker. Why is Tarantino’s style so attractive? Can violence be aesthetic? Refer to your favorite films by this director.
- Nostalgia for the 1970s in Jackie Brown.
In what ways is this movie similar to blaxploitation films of the 1970s? Analyze storylines of Jackie Brown, actors, and songs from the film.
- Socioeconomic issues in the late twentieth century versus the present day: analysis of these situations on the basis of Jackie Brown.
Research all the nuances of living and surviving then and now.
- Feminist criticism in Kill Bill: Volume 1and Kill Bill: Volume 2.
How are female characters depicted in these films? In what ways does the story of Beatrix prove that women can be both caring mothers and strong individuals?
- Gender roles in Reservoir Dogs.
What are Tarantino’s common tendencies in depicting male and female characters in his movies? How are men portrayed in Reservoir Dogs? How does this film differ from other works by this director?
- Inglourious Basterds: how do hatred and the need for revenge cripple modern society?
Conduct deep research on the issue of commonly accepted hatred towards Nazis that is finely depicted in this film. Can we all be compared to Nazis because our mentality is pleading for revenge? Analyze psychological tricks in the movie.
- Feminist views versus misogynist views in the movies by Quentin Tarantino.
Refer to at least two films by this director (e.g. Death Proof and Kill Bill) and conduct research on how women are portrayed in them.
- Pulp Fiction: humor versus violence.
Investigate how humorous and violent lines are interconnected in the film. In your thesis assistance, analyze Tarantino’s methods and tricks.
- Comparative analysis of Tarantino’s films and black comedies by other directors.
Explore the genre of black comedies. Compare Pulp Fiction to a criminal comedy by any other famous director (like Joel Coen, Guy Ritchie, etc.)