Download Disk Cloning Software For FREE!
In my previous guide, I recommended Acronis True Image software for creating a full backup (or clone) of your computer’s hard drive so that all your software programs and data can be easily restored in case there’s any break-down in the future.
Download Acronis True Image for free
Acronis True Image WD Edition Software
File Size: 405 MB
Version: 2016 WD Edition, Build 33
Release Date: 12/16/2016 | Release Notes
Acronis True Image WD Edition can clone drives, backup the operating system, applications, settings and all of your data, while also securely wiping any confidential data you no longer need. Acronis True Image WD Edition provides you with all the essential tools you need to recover your computer system should a disaster occur, such as losing data, accidentally deleting critical files or folders, or a complete hard disk crash. If failures occur that block access to information or affect system operation, you will be able to restore the system and the lost data easily.
Supported Operating Systems
- Windows 7 SP1 (all editions)
- Windows 8 (all editions)
- Windows 8.1 (all editions)
- Windows 10 – starting with Update 2 (WD ATI 6126 or greater)
You need at least one WD hard drive attached in your system to be able to install and run the product.
The installation procedure is straightforward.
- Download the .zip file by clicking the download button above, that includes both the executable file as well as the User Guide.
- Extract the .exe file and the User Guide.
- Run the executable file and follow the on-screen instructions.
My Book, My Book Duo, My Book, My Book Duo, WD AV, WD Blue, WD Black, WD RE / WD RE4, WD Red, WD S25, WD Se, WD Red Pro, WD Re+, WD Gold, WD Blue (Mobile), WD Black (Mobile), WD Red (Mobile), WD Blue SSD, WD Green SSD, WD Black PCIe SSD, WD Blue 3D NAND SSD, WD Black NVMe SSD, WD Black SSHD, WD Blue SSHD, WD Laptop Mainstream , WD Desktop Mainstream , WD Desktop Performance, WD Network, My Passport Ultra Metal, My Passport Ultra (WD Backup), My Passport, My Passport SSD, WD Black SN750 NVMe SSD, WD Blue SN500 NVMe SSD
How to clone your HDD to SSD with Acronis® True Image™ HD Software
- Download and install the Acronis True Image HD Software
- Launch the Acronis software > enter the activation key when prompted
- Note: Acronis True Image HD software activation key is only bundled with select OCZ SSDs and products.
- Select the “Tools and Utilities” tab > click “Clone Disk” > choose “Automatic (recommended)” for the clone mode
- Select the source disk (HDD) > click “Next” > select destination disk (SSD) > click “Next”
- Note: If your destination disk is not free of data, you will be prompted with a pop-up window stating “The destination hard disk drive you have chosen contains some partitions that could contain useful data”.
- To confirm deletion of data in destination disk, click “OK”.
- Click “Proceed” in the cloning summary window to start the disk cloning process.
- Note： Cloning a disk that contains an active operating system will require a system reboot after cloning is completed.
An impromptu video:
Dell Inspiron 15.6″ High Performance Laptop PC: https://amzn.to/2ZUYmnE
Acronis True Image 2019: https://amzn.to/2XWDmuY
WD Blue 3D NAND 500GB PC SSD: https://amzn.to/2DHbUcI
Kingston Technology 8GB 1600MHz DDR3L: https://amzn.to/2ULNjcB
2.5-Inch SATA to USB 3.0 Tool-Free External Hard Drive Enclosure: https://amzn.to/2Wh7wZo